Our attachments have been designed and manufactured to deliver superior performance all year round. Typically, excavators and attachments will require extra maintenance over the winter months to ensure your machines continue to operate to their maximum efficiency. Miller’s attachments have been rigorously tested – and of course have been in action across all continents of the globe over the last four decades – to perform in even the harshest of climates, with minimal downtime, whilst driving optimal productivity.
We recommend, and following industry best practice, regular essential maintenance is carried out by trained professionals to optimise the performance of your Miller couplers and buckets and minimise any costly downtime.
Here are a few maintenance tips that we recommend performing on your Miller couplers on a weekly basis:
- Check there are no leaks present when operating the machine;
- Check the general condition of the hydraulic hoses, fittings, and hydraulic system;
- Inspect for any mechanical anomalies such as fractured or faulty components;
- Examine mechanical integrity including checking OEM pins, locking bolts and nuts;
- Regularly grease the coupler – recommended to be carried out by an operator before or after use – with an EP2 High Load Lithium Grease.
For all our coupler range, we have operations and maintenance guides, with full information on recommended regular checks. If you require a copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excavator buckets are subject to wear and tear due to constant use, often in harsh environments, and require regular inspection to guarantee maximum performance with minimum downtime.
As part of regular bucket maintenance, we recommend:
- Inspecting the bucket for damage;
- Check wear on adaptors, replace or repair worn components if necessary.
- For bolt on edge buckets, ensure the bolts are secure.
- For direct mount buckets, regular greasing through the grease ports is recommended. Follow OEM’s maintenance guidelines on greasing machine pins.
When carrying out these checks, if you do find anything you require support with, we recommend you get in touch with Miller directly on +44 (0)1670 707 272 and we can support you with your issue.
Your machines are only as good as their attachments and correct maintenance ensures optimal performance for your attachments, which is an investment for your equipment now, as well as for the future,
At Miller, we offer a free onsite inspection service of your equipment and can work with you to develop a complete maintenance program focused around machine uptime, reduction in unplanned maintenance spends, as well as safety improvements.
If you would like to find out more information about our maintenance services, visit here: https://millergroundbreaking.com/services/field-service-response/. If you require any further advice on how to look after your Miller attachments this winter, please contact email@example.com or call +44 (0)1670 707 272.Go To Next Story